Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Parties and Fairs - Goodbye summer

Sorry its been so long since I've updated our blog. This has been one crazy month. My daughter Jess, turned 16. This means permit test and driving lessons. She has also been released to play soccer again. It was a long road, but I knew she would do it. Thanks to the girls at Comprehensive Physical Therapy for making it fun for her. You don't know how glad I was that she was able to go with you. You made it fun for her, even though she was doing a lot of work. I know she is going to be back better than ever on the field. August also meant a big birthday party. With all the rain we've been getting, we decided to do an indoor party. we Set up the photo booth and let everyone take a turn. What a blast they had! The kids loved it. The adults loved it.

The following week we too the booth to my neice's graduation party. She is a freshman at Weidner. To send her off, we threw a party with all the family and friends. Everyone had a great time, and she had her scrapbook that everyone signed.

One week more we were called to photograph the grand opening of the new spa at the French Manor. What a beautiful place. The spa itself is gorgeous. I will be saving my pennies for a trip to the spa soon! Thanks to Genni and Bridget for calling us!

I guess that brings us to this week. The end of the summer. This was always such a bittersweet week for me growing up. It was the end of the summer, which meant GDS fair. My father was in the demolition derby every year. We would spend the summer helping him strip down his car, then we would paint it for him. There is a photo of all of us kids on and around each car, each summer, as I grew up. The fair was always great, but the fair also meant my friends were leaving for the winter. Our neighbors at the lake, old family friends for generations, would go home until the next summer. Oh the tears!

This week Ed and I have a booth at the GDS fair. I am really loving it. I love seeing all the small kids having so much fun. Its really bringing back a lot of memories for me. My friends from the lake, they can't be there this year. I have been updating my facebook as much as I can while we are sitting there, so they can still be there with me.
Thank you to all the old friends who have come out to see us so far this week. Thanks to all of our new friends we met this week. We hope to see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment